IPAddressSentinel displays and copies your current machine's IP addresses and name. (Only the first IP address found is displayed to save space.)
Since the app registers itself to receive notifications of changes in machine IP address, it is always current, and you can use it to know when you Mac is connected to the Internet by just looking at your menu bar. If it is not connected then the title will be empty: "-.-.-.-".
- Include machine name in menu bar
- Include wireless network name in menu bar
- Show the external Ip address in the menu
- Show the domain name of the address
- List all addresses on your Mac in the menu
- Email you when the machine address changes
- Email you when the external address changes
- Graphically indicate when the address changes in the menu bar
- Optionally only show the app icon in menu bar, to save space.
- The menu is updated whenever you open it.
- External IP address is retrieved from "http://www.whatismyip.com/" but not at a rate that exceeds once every six minutes to conform to their access policy.
- Use the logging mechanism for detailed tracking of activity.
- Changes in IP address can be indicated by showing a red app icon in the menu bar.
IPSentinelStatus is part of the Limit Point Software Utilities Bundle: http://www.limit-point.com/Utilities.html. Purchase a Utilities password to activate all the utilities, including IPSentinelStatus. Updates are always free, new products always included!
Help menu link to the website has been fixed.